I am 65 and suffering from osteoarthritis since 17 years. My knees are painful while raising from the sitting posture and also difficult to sit freely. Both of my knees are slightly swollen. Allopathic doctors diagnosed the disease as osteoarthritis. Kindly some one help me by suggesting good ayurvedic medicines for the suffering
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper magicbird
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2009
Supporter
Hello..I will not be able to really answer this untill after I see my alternative doctor on 12/11..I am tired of conventional medicenes and just set this appt. up 2 months ago..I am 56 and have multiple autoimmune responses in my body so I understand how you feel..When I learn something will let you know..I pray your pain levels will be low..Someday an answer will come tohelp all of us with this dreaded disease..k
|

replied January 6th, 2010
Hi,

I recall reading a study that said that osteoarthritis (as opposed to rheumatoid arthritis) is NOT associated with inflammation as has been assumed for many decades. I also know of a study where it was discovered that there was NO correlation between 'osteoarthritis'in a joint, as it appears on an xray, and whether or not a person has pain in that joint. In other words, it was totally random whether or not a person had pain in a joint whose xray just happened to show signs of 'osteoarthritis.'

So why do surgeons keep on doing total knee replacements and other bone surgery on patients with knee pain? Beats me. But I sure wish I hadn't trusted my surgeon because now my knee is deformed and much more painful than before.

I learned, and believe, that pain in the knees is more likely to be muscle pain rather than "bone" pain. Is your knee pain directly above or below your knee cap? Then you probably have Trigger Points (or 'spasms') in your Vastus Medialis muscle.

An excellent resource is the book "Trigger Point Therapy Workbook, 2nd edition (maybe 3rd by now)" by Davies and Davies.
|

replied February 11th, 2010
Dear kdlee,

I want to tell you, kdlee, that since posting my previous message on this site I have come across a type of treatment called PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic frequency), also called PEMS (PEM stimulation) that I am trying out with considerable success. It has been used in Europe for many years but is relatively unknown in the US.

The PEMF device I'm using is called the "Earthpulse" and it is helping me tremendously with my knee pain. Although it's advertised mostly as a device that aids your sleep, you can also use it directly on parts of your body. I use it on my knee directly and it's better than ultrasound, hot packs, TENS, anything else I've tried. The company (earthpulsetechnologies.com) says that it often takes over a month before you feel the benefits of their device but I personally got substantial relief of pain in the first hour that I used it.

It is VERY important, however, that you drink a lot of water (ideally 16 oz.) before using any PEMF device because you need to be well-hydrated to get maximum benefits from ANY electrical stimulation device--and it's equally important that you give the PEMF device a fair try of one month of consistent use.

I personally feel that most people with chronic joint or soft tissue pain would experience pain relief if they gave PEMS therapy a fair try for one month, and I suspect that people who have posted negative reviews on (good) PEMF devices on this site either weren't hydrated enough or they didn't commit to using the device daily for one month or more. The Earthpulse, by the way, has a 90-day money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose by trying it--it was their full money back guarantee that convinced me to give it a try, and I'm so glad I did!
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
QMR (Quantum Magnetic Resonance) Therapy
I don't know of any ayurvedic medicines
but a new form of non invasive treatment called QMR Therapy.
This treatment has no known side effects and is totally painless.It has a very good track record of treating over 2000 OA patients successfully.
|

replied February 25th, 2010
I don't know of any ayurvedic medicines
but a new Revolutionary treatment called QMR Therapy.

Quantum Magnetic Resonance (QMR) Therapy™ is a non-surgical treatment that helps regenerate cartilage and restores mobility of arthritic knee joints. It is a painless and safe treatment. It has also proved to be extremely effective in the treatment of certain types of cancer.Moreover progress of the disease is halted.

It has a very good track record of treating over 2000 OA patients successfully.
google it as QMR Therapy for more info.
|

replied February 26th, 2010
Hi samson55,

I looked up QMR online and found a device called a Cytotron (a huge device). When looking further, I saw a 'before' and 'after' photo taken of a knee joint which the site claims was healed by 3 months of Cytotron treatment.

One thing interesting is that I found a similar 'before' and 'after' photo of a knee joint following PEMF treatment--ie., the PEMF website claimed that the photos of the knee indicated healing as a result of PEMF treatment. I don't recall which site showed the Xray photos off-hand because there are several different home-use PEMF devices on the market, ranging from $550 to $4,000 (with some as high as $16,000). I am currently experimenting with the Earthpulse and a mattress-style device called the MRS 2000 with good results so far.
|

Let's not forget about exercise as a treatment for OA.

46 million people in the U.S. suffer from this debilitating disease, making it the #1 disability in the U.S. today. The Arthritis Foundation and the Ad Council have teamed up to spread awareness about this condition to it's sufferers, and to educate them that exercise is the best treatment for OA sufferers.

My job( a marketing company) is also contributing to this valuable campaign and I hope you can find some info on that site that's more beneficial to you than the help you have been receiving thus far. There are some PSAs that we composed by means of educating OA sufferers and some other useful resources.
|

Dear Nola,

Thank you for your comment, Nola.

While you're at it--educating people--why don't you educate them that the word 'osteoarthritis' is in truth a misnomer? Here’s the truth:

1. The suffix "itis" means 'inflammation.' Osteoarthritis is not an inflammatory condition as it was once thought to be—so-called ‘osteoarthritis’ is instead a degenerative disorder.

2. The prefix "osteo" refers to bone. But regarding pain, this is a misnomer too, because the truth is that there is in fact NO correlation between the presence of osteoarthritis and whether or not a person has knee pain.

3. The truth is that what causes joint pain is not the bone and/or the cartilage at all. How could it be? There are no pain receptors in either bone or cartilage!

4. The truth is that the pain you feel is within soft tissue (such as muscle tissue) or connective tissue (ie., ligaments). It has nothing to do with bones, cartilage, or inflammation at all! The sad thing is that orthopedic surgeons continue to perform drastic surgeries on bone when the bone has nothing to do with it. When total knee replacements are deemed successful—ie., when they relieve pain (which they often don’t)-- it is most likely because TKR procedures remove the overstretched ligaments that are causing the pain.

The only reason that I’m listing my comments under ‘osteoarthritis’ on this website is because that’s where ‘knee pain’ is commonly discussed. However, the word “osteoarthritis” itself is a gross misnomer. People really do need to be educated about that.
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
@magicbird
The treatment is not for 3 months it is for 21 days.
QMR Therapy helps in the regeneration of the worn out cartilage due to osteoarthritis.
However 3 months after the treatment of every patient a review is done, the x ray film shown refers to this review.
Thank you for your interest..........
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied November 8th, 2010
What I have seen on QMR in the web.
samson, hope you do not see my response as being "against" you.

All on this forum, my mother has severe arthritis and I have been looking for therapies and have come across this therapy called QMR.

It has been supposedly developed in India, and is available in couple of cities in India, Bangalore being one of them. I happen to live in Bangalore.

But at this point, I am suspicious about QMR. I would love it if it was what it claims it is. So I have been investigating QMR on the web thru google and this is what I have seen so far.

- there is no official data, publications etc to back it up as a genuine alternative to arthritis patients who are desparately seeking a cure.

- there are posts at different websites which seem very similar though the websites are not the same. makes me suspicious.

- samson has been posting in several websites about the benefits of QMR. All businesses advertise, but posting by a person on websites seems fishy to me. sorry samson.

I appreciate all critics and pointers / efforts to prove QMR is indeed real. I would be happy and relieved.

Thanks.
|

replied January 17th, 2011
QMR treatment for OA - urgent feedback solicited
Is there anyone who underwent QMR for grade 4 OA and benefitted really? Any contact details would help. I am looking to validate before paying for this treatment (it costs around 1.25 lakhs in Bangalore and is not covered by insuranace). Please write me if yu have any feedback regarding this treatment.
|

replied August 2nd, 2013
Hi,
My neighbor is 66yrs. old and suffering from osteoarthritis. He's son visited a website that have good Doctors that gives advice and consultation. And it work for them.
|

replied August 16th, 2013
Osteoarthritis is a joint disease caused by excessive wear and tear of our joints. The most common symptoms of Osteoarthritis are pain and stiffness in the joints.

arthritis.com.sg/osteoarthritis
|

replied August 31st, 2013
It is also called as degenerative arthritis because it removes breakdown of cartilage and bones. When cartilage is removed away the bones rub against each other and it causes pain and stiffness. This disorder occurs in people at the age of 50years and older. Osteoarthritis may also be hereditary and mostly occur in Knee part of the body.

Types of Osteoarthritis:-

Hip Osteoarthritis
Foot and Ankle Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis of the Knee
Hand Osteoarthritis
Spinal Osteoarthritis
|
Must Read
Osteoarthritis is a type of joint disease that causes the most disability in the U.S. But what is osteoarthritis? Review types of osteoarthritis and stages here...
Aging may cause osteoarthritis, but what behaviors put you at risk of developing this type of joint disease? And are you at risk of osteoarthritis?...
Symptoms of osteoarthritis progressively worsen over time. What signs and symptoms can you look for? And when should you seek medical help for joint pain?...