Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Osteoarthritis in the back , exercise , pain meds

User Profile
I have osteoarthritis in the back, bulging disk and spinal stenosis and problems with facets,have had facet inj,epidurals and ryzotomy.Nothing gave me relief more than 3 months. Now on oxcontin 180mg a day. No longer can work-now I am addicted to medication and they say there is nothing else they can do for me. Where do I go from here? If I go off of medication would not be able to walk. If stay on medication I am just addicted but can function minimally. They say they cant do surgery? Who do I need to see, have been to several pain clinics and a spinal clinic. Now they just say need to get exercise and get off pain meds.

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Osteoarthritis is a type of joint disease that causes the most disability in the U.S. But what is osteoarthritis? Review types of osteoarthritis and stages here...
Aging may cause osteoarthritis, but what behaviors put you at risk of developing this type of joint disease? And are you at risk of osteoarthritis?...
Symptoms of osteoarthritis progressively worsen over time. What signs and symptoms can you look for? And when should you seek medical help for joint pain?...