Good day - my 7 year old daughter has had orange urine with a strong odor for a few days. She doesn't have any trouble urinating nor is she urinating less than normal. 2 days ago she developed a stomach bug that caused mild vomitting for an hour or so and subsequently has been intermitent queasiness and stomach pain. She also had a fever of 102.6 however that quickly subsided with one dose of advil. I thought the vomitting was a simple stomach bug that's "going around" but now I am wondering if both are related? Thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Orange urine could mean either it is concentrated (not drinking enough fluids) or maybe it is blood in her urine.

Strong odor could signal an infection...

What was considered a stomach bug may actually be a bladder infection.

She may need to see a doctor for a correct diagnosis.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....