Hello. My husband is 31, and 2 years ago he was diagnosed with relapsing/remitting Multiple Sclerosis. Recently, within the last year, he has begun experiencing stomach issues--he gets a sick feeling stomach, then has orange diahrrea. we also noticed that the inside of his shirts on the back of where his neck touches are turning orange. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions as to what this might be from? The only thing I could find was on the sweat, but since both his poop and sweat are orange, I don't think that disorder is what we are dealing with.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The orange color of the stool, could be due to diarrhea, since the stool has passed to quick through the tract (diarrhea) so there wasn't enough time for the bile to be absorbed by the stool, or it could be a sign that there is a lack of bile (decreased production or blockage of bile ducts, happening in case of gallbladder disorders).
Acctually, a gallbladder disorder can produce symptoms like severe right abdominal pain accompanied with orange diarrhea.
Having a colored sweat is a rare condition known as chromohidrosis and in 10% of cases is without certain reason.
It is good to be known that using certain medications can give orange color to stool and sweat.
Using antacids can result in passing a orange colored stool.

His symptoms warrants medical attention.
Patients with multiple sclerosis often have various types of gastrointestinal complains!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....