Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Oral Thrush Question - which doctor do i approach


I have fungal infection/oral thrush on the extreme end of the tongue.

My question is which doctor do i approach for further investigation and medication. A dental doctor or a skin specialist?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2017
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

You can approach your GP or an oral physician (ENT doctor too). Oral nilstat can be advised. If its extensive then instead of nystatin , fluconazole capsules can be advised. If its recurrent then further testing for immune compromised states should be done.

Wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.