Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

oral sex with prostitutes and AIDS

User Profile
HI,
I want to know what are the possibilities of getting AIDS when one performs oral sex on prostitutes. What precautions to follow.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You have to evaluate your own level of risk with any disease but I would say higher than advisable. Sex industry workers, especially independent prostitutes have a very high likelihood of having STDs including HIV. Even lower risk contact with them is a reasonable chance of infection.
|
Users who thank W0LF for this post: mittu_hashimoto 

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2009
so what you are saying is better to prevent and prepare then to repent and repair....
|

Extremely eHealthy
No, I'm saying that on a long enough timeline, even protected sex with prostitutes will get you a disease. If the prospect of aids or herpes or HPV intimidates you think twice about continuing on that path.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Dude, why would you even thing about performing oral sex on prostitutes when their job requires them to have sex with everyone who wants to buy them? Sometimes more than 50 men in one night? If you must perform oral sex on a woman, it should be someone you know; like your girlfriend and not someone who are so open like prostitutes. Some times you are not too safe when you do it to someone you know! If you must do this to one of these women, use a dental dam! I wonder why you will want to give her pleasure by doing this after you have given her your money for her service, is it that you wants to please her with your pocketbook and your mouth, where are your pleasures coming from? You are the one should be receiving the oral, after all, you are the one who are spending the money!!!!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer

Use one of these...
|

Extremely eHealthy
I seriously doubt that the hardest working hookers in the world have ever done 50 men in a night, even 50 in a week sounds like a stretch. But yeah they have sex with strangers in the same capacity that you do your 40-hour-a-week job. Often multiple partners in a night. Every sex worker I've known is paranoid about protection but every sex worker I've ever know has also caught a disease through sex. It's just a safe assumption that any prostitute anywhere in the world more than likely is carrying a disease and protection only does so much.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I am an ex Marine and I have traveled the world, mittu_hashimoto, I don't know what part of the world you are from but there are places in this world where some prostitutes has done more than 50 men in one night, I'm telling you from what I know! I was in a city where a prostitute rented her own place with body guards, and she had two men hired to go and pick up soldiers and bring them to her place to have sex with her for money! WOLF, you may doupt it as much as you want to, but I will not make this an issue! Facts of the matter is that a man who are concern about his health and life will not put himself in harms way by putting his mouth in a vagina where its being used by all kinds of penis! I say again, if you must do it, inspite of my warning, use one of those dental dams which are pictured above by homerx! That's about all I have to say!!!!
|
Users who thank bo21 for this post: homerx 

Extremely eHealthy
bo21
If it did occur the logistics involved would be unbelievable. If we're talkinga bout "night" as a 24 hour period thats more than one man every 30 minutes. The timing alone would be gruelling. I imagine some sort of team of assistants bringing the hooker food and a constant stream of energy drinks, supplimental prostitutes in the wings keeping customers hard so that the very instant one customer is done the he can be shoved off of her so the next can immediately plunge in. I'm sure under ideal circumstances it's possible but that kind of opperation is far from the norm.

An average Thai working girl in 2004 serviced 5 men in a night, mostly American naval personel. In WW2 the Chinese and Japanese hospitality houses had girls that would average up to 12 men in a night, and those were pretty much cots with lines of waiting johns. Incedentally the venerial disease rates for both of those situations is just shy of 100%, like 70% HIV infected in the case of Thai working girls, so the risk of catching a disease from a hooker is monumental even if they're not doing 50 guys a night.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
WOLF, I'm out of here, I give up,
That's about all I have to say on this issue!!!!
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2009
bo21 I wonder why you will want to give her pleasure by doing this after you have given her your money for her service, is it that you wants to please her with your pocketbook and your mouth, where are your pleasures coming from? You are the one should be receiving the oral, after all, you are the one who are spending the money!!!!....
yeah ur right on this one....but hey I have never been to a pros. in my 25 years of origin Smile.... But I do have friends who regularly go to them...I was thinking to go to them...but I have somehow changed my mind.....anyhow thanx for ur comments....
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2009
Experienced User
Thanks mittu_hashimoto, don't just "somehow change your mind, change it 100% and at the end of the day, you will be glad you did! As I posted above; these sex workers are taking men in and they don't waste much time with each one, they are not making love to their claints because they don't have that kind of time on their hands,and they are not doing it for pleasure, but for your money! The average time frame with one claint is about 5 minutes and sometime less, and they can go through a lots of men in a 12 hour night! The reason I'm so concerned because I had a cousin contracted aids from prostitutes. It really doesn't matter if she has been with two men or 200 men in a night, facts of the matter is, when she is open to the world to come and buy sex from her, then you are taking a hell of a chance on your life! My advice to you is: if she's a sex worker, run the other way, if she's someone other than your regular, put it on (condom/dental dam) before you put it in!
That's about all I have to say!!!!
|
Users who thank bo21 for this post: mittu_hashimoto 

replied December 18th, 2009
Oral sex carries a very minimal to non-existent hiv risk. protected sex means protected sex. end of story.
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....