Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

oral cancer symptoms ?

I am a 20 year old male and have been smoking for 7 months now.I noticed a pale white patch on the roof of my mouth today.When i drank water i felt a sharp pain down my throat as if something was stuck.I went to my doctor who dismissed it as cancer.

But i am still worried sick as on the net,almost everything says white patches are highly likely to be cancer.

Are there any other symptoms to look out for?
Pls advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Is the white patch on the roof of your mouth painful?
Do you have white patches on other parts of your mouth?
Are you experiencing difficulty swallowing or feel as if food is getting stuck in your throat?
Have you noticed some red sore areas at the corner of your lips?
Have you been using antibiotics or steroids, recently?
|

replied June 10th, 2008
No its not painful at all.
The white patches are only on the roof of the mouth,one on the left and the other on the right.
I do not feel that food is getting stuck but yesterday i had a feeling as if something sharp was stuck down my throat.But after a few hours that disappeared.
No red sores anywhere.
I have been using antibiotics since Saturday as i was and am still down with flu and fever.

What cld it be?

I went to my doctor today and he said it cldnt be but at the same time,a family friend who is studying to be a dentist said 'it looks harmless but u sld get a biopsy done'.

Im confused and worried sick!
|

replied June 11th, 2008
Hi there,i took some pictures of my mouth and pls advice! Oh dear i am so worried right now.

For the first picture: At the back of my throat,there seem to be small red spots.anything unsual about those?

For the second picture:Above my finger,i have a small red pimple like thing.

The link is :

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z173/an fieldroad_2007/
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry for delayed post!

How do you feel?
Have you developed extreme fatigue in a mean time?
Have you noticed swollen lymph nodes in the neck area?
|

replied July 3rd, 2008
Its ok no problem! No i do not have extreme fatigue or swollen lymph nodes but a bugging sore throat,i went to a doctor who does biopsies and he told me 'i dont think theres anything wrong with u and u dont need a biopsy'.

But somewhere,i still feel abit scared you see.The inside of the mouth ( the inner cheeks area on both sides ) looks white when you see it with my mouth open,but when i stretch it,it appears pink and normal.

Pls advice
|

replied March 9th, 2009
Throat cancer
I have had a rather large lump on my uvula it is red and attached at the back. It gives me kinda diffuculty swollowing. It can lay on my toung. What could this possibly be?
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....