Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Opinions On Ketogenic diet

User Profile
Keto diet being a low carb diet makes the body to produce ketones in the liver that are used as energy, by the body. It is also known with many names, such as - ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat etc. By lowering the intake of these ketones, the body gets induced to an extent.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank JorgeGonzales for this post: seanoboran 

replied August 30th, 2017
Wish if more people would engage - I am actually here because of the keto, so hope that more people will speak up. Thank you for starting the subject.
|

replied August 30th, 2017
I have been using keto calculator to manage my vegetarian keto diet, have you ever used it, or are there any other useful means of tracking the balance of your body?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2018
Ketones are something that your body produces, not something that you are "intaking." Keto dieters not only lose weight, they experience more mental clarity, increased physical performance, more energy, and overall feel great.

This diet is not a magical fix-all. It comes with cutting carbs and processed foods out of your diet. It is a High-Fat, Moderate Protein, Low-Carb diet. Most keto dieters will be consuming 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs.

Ketosis is the shift your body makes when it detoxes from carbohydrates and begins burning fat as energy. You will know when you are in ketosis, because your body produces ketones. These can be measured through urine strips, or blood or breath tests.

The keto diet is a great way to improve your overall health, and experience extra benefits in addition to weight loss. It takes dedication and willpower, but is overall worth the sacrifices.
|

replied June 19th, 2018
I dont follow the keto diet to the tee, but being low/no carb has definitely helped my health
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....