Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

operation has done two years back.wt about my fertility?

User Profile
Hi Sir 2 years back i got pain in my right side testicle it has been enlarged .doctor removed right side testicle am age of 27.can i survive with one testicle please help me. when the operation done diagnosis report rt testicle: measuring 48*28mm; enlarged; homogeneous echo texture
epidydimis : enlarged
mild hydrocele noted
no varicocele noted

lt testicle: measuring 41*20mm
head of epidydimis:normal
no hydrocele noted
no varicocele noted

rt testis and epididymis enlarged noted.
on colour doppler no intra testicular vascularity noted.
s/o rt tortion testis.

please help me out what are precaution i have to take.i have an habbit of smoking and drinking. am going get married.

operation has done two years back.wt about my fertility.give me your valuble suggestions

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2012
Testicles Answer A37085
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Testicular torsion is a urologic emergency. If this condition is not immediately reversed manually, then there’s a risk of permanent damage to the testes as in this conditon the blood supply to the testes is cut off. Surgical removal of the testis becomes necessary as such a testis if left unattended can become cancerous. In some patients, there’s a risk of infertility after the removal of one of the testis. This occurs due to the autoimmune damage (generation of the antibodies at the time of the testicular torsion) of the other testis. However, this occurs only in a few individuals and thus shouldn’t be a cause of concern. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicles , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.