Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

open hernia op 2weeks ago my scar feels like its burning

Hi can anyone help I had a open hernia op 2weeks ago my scar just feels like its burning, just like when you put aftershave on a open cut is this normal with the healing process or is it infected inside , my scar is the same length has my wife's C section scar , I had mesh put inside me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 12th, 2013
im experiencing the same thing!! The pain is unbearable!! my surgeon says its normal and its just the nerves knitting together!! come and goes all day, im 3 weeks post op and had open surgery with mesh
|

replied December 12th, 2013
Hi I had my op on the 12th Nov it's ok now but still uncomfortable very lumpy, where the scar is, thank you for your reply hope all goes well with your recovery, I had open surgery with mesh like you
|

replied December 24th, 2013
I used neosporin+pain cream on my incisions for a whole month. I think it helped. At about five weeks they were much better. The worst of it was just how clothing touched them, and any waistbands had to be rolled or pulled down under them. I was having scrotum swelling and pain issues as described elsewhere, again an aid to that was using a sexy g-string thing that gave adequate support without hurting anything above. At six weeks now there are still bumps and tenderness.
|

replied December 25th, 2013
Thank you for your reply, I'm now 6weeks post op and still getting burning sensation and still tender at the touch, I hope all goes well with you keep me updated to how your going
|

replied January 15th, 2014
hi,
I sent you a msg when I was 3 weeks post op. I am now 8 weeks post op and the burning has gone, but im still quite swollen across my pelvis, my stomach looks a bit distorted. I had my 8 week check with my surgeon on Friday and he said everything was looking good, and it takes a long time for things to settle down Sad. I hope you are feeling a bit better, let me know how yr doing.
|

replied January 15th, 2014
Hi I'm now 9weeks post op and all is going good , I just get a little discomfort from time to time, I'm 99% back to normal , my scar area still feels numb to touch but that's normal after a op like we have had , thank you for sending me a update I hope all goes well with you like it has me all the best Martin
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....