Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

ongoing pain in my bones since 2014.

User Profile
I have been having ongoing pain in my bones since 2014. I had a double mastectomy after it had started for breast cancer. In 2/2015 I had a total body bone scan done which showed heterogeneous uptake on my T5, at that point termed a sclerotic lesion. I since was sent for two ct scans 6/15 which showed sclerotic lesions on my c7, and a spot of focus on my sternum. My most recent scan showed that my lymph nodes are shotty, my liver showed hepatic steatosis and a 7mm spot on liver. They also found new spots of focus on my right humoral head (which showed uptake on bone scan). I'm told these lesions are bone islands, most likely congenital. My question is is it normal for bone islands to just appear this frequently. Congenital to me means at birth, these are new. I have been in pain for quite some time and losing trust in my primary care provider. I do have a strong family history of cancer, my aunt is currently stage 4b. In my medical chart my primary breast malignancy was hcc.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2016
Cancers Answer A59238
Welcome to e health forum.

The findings mentioned in your history do not indicate anything indicating of cancer.

Sclerotic changes can be associated with nonspecific inflammatory changes, which can be seen in patients with chronic medical disorders, patients who have undergone chemotherapy or radiotherapy for cancers, etc.

You need to have a proper trust and belief in your treating doctors , which will help you to make proper health related decisions.

Continue to work with your doctors and hopefully your doubts can be cleared.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.