Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Ongoing bleeding after surgical abortion

User Profile
I had a surgical abortion on October 25th bleeding happened straight away. It is now November I have been bleeding on and off heavy and light right through since have the abortion have been told its normal but now in starting to doubt myself I dont think its normal at all. I also still feel pregnant and ever now and againagain I keep getting what feels to be kicks been told also its just fantum kicks from my previous pregnancy that I followed through with . Been to the doctor and they jist seem toto tell me its normal.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2017
Medical Abortion Answer A62522
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You need a USG now to confirm whether the product or part of it is still inside or not.This can cause this type of bizarre symptoms.If the USG reveals nothing, few courses of contraceptive pills are fine to control the bleeding as well as to get a regular established cycle.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Medical Abortion , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.