Hello: For over three years i've had this problem. Also not ringing but the sound of a dentist drill in my head. I've had most everything done to find out why. The pain would increase and decrease, so would the sound. Oct. of 2008 i had nasal bone spurs removed. I was 80% better.There was still the same problem but with a lot less pain.Then around feb.16th., it started again. I live with ice packs. My ent doctor has me on neurontin. I'ts different than all the others i've been on but no help. I dont have any side affects , such as light or sound , vomiting or what ever. Am i an alien or does anyone else been down this road ?.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2009
Sort of same symptoms
I am a 17 year old male with left hand side pains which follow the nerves down which made me think trigeminal neuralgia but when the treatment wasn't working i was told that it could be a zygomatic break, cluster headaches, migranes... none of the diagnosis were correct.

other syptoms i have are, weak body and fatal left knee. which comes to the diagnosis of B-27, which is a genetic mutation which happened at birth, its passed down through genes and can take different forms such as, one-side face and knee pain, back pain, or sometimes found to be miss-diagnosed as IBS
ALTHOUGH this is a HIGHLY RARE diagnosis. As my family have all the problems above its likely that it will be the correct diagnosis.
|

replied March 8th, 2009
Alike Symptoms - JZ
I am a 17 year old male with left hand side pains which follow the nerves down from my brain which made me think trigeminal neuralgia but when the treatment wasn't working i was told that it could be a zygomatic break, cluster headaches, migranes... none of the diagnosis were correct.

other symptoms i have are: weak body and fatal left knee pain. which comes to the diagnosis of b-27, which is a genetic mutation which happened at birth, its passed down through genes and can take different forms such as, one-side face and knee pain, back pain, or sometimes found to be miss-diagnosed as ibs (irritable boule syndrome, not sure of spelling)

ALTHOUGH this is a HIGHLY RARE diagnosis.

As my family have all the problems above its likely that it will be the correct diagnosis.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....