Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

one side of body numb and with weakness

guys i am 19 years old as of today but i have 202 cholesterol and 63alt
i was doing some rope jumps in my house and suddenly i felt my right hand fingers getting numb then i went to sleep next morning i felt my right part of the body numb and with weakness now it has been 7 days whats wrong with me ?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your fingers, hands, feet, arms, or legs.

The most common cause of such symptoms can be due to

1. Vascular disorders - affecting the blood supply, like Transient ischemic attacks, Strokes, Raynaud's syndrome, etc.
2. Neurological injury - due to trauma, low back injury, pressure on nerves (herniation of spinal discs), etc.
3. Peripheral neuropathy - associated with Vitamin B12 or folic acid deficiency
4. electrolyte imbalances
5. Thyroid disorders
6. Diabetic neuropathy, migraines
7. Hyperventilation disorders , panic attacks
8. Repetitive stress injuries - Carpal tunnel syndrome, pressure neuropathy.

Hence for proper diagnosis of your condition, additional medical history as well as few tests may be helpful. Hence you might consult your doctor for proper advice.
Treating the condition may make the symptoms go away or stop them from getting worse.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 14th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
Call the need tests done ASAP.
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.