Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

One and off bleeding - premenopause ?

User Profile
I am 49 years old. I had a regular period in April then nothing until beginning of August. It was heavy for 2 days then stopped. It came back around 4-5 days later and was light for around 2 weeks. It eventually stopped. I had lower back pain and pain in my ovaries. When I exercised it began light again and has been with me since -- this has been 2 weeks again. I had 1 day of heavy and back again to a bright red blood that\\\\\\\'s coming every day -- not alot - but is there every day. Is this premenopause?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A16740
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your changed bleeding pattern does suggest possibility of pre-menopausal symptoms. Since it is affecting you everyday now (instead of cyclical bleeding) you should consider visiting a gynecologist for a check (examination and further investigations) to make sure that there are no other serious issues like DUB (dysfunctional uterine bleeding), ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids etc.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.