Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

On my period a month straight... Could I be pregnant???

Okay here's the deal

January 27th I had sex with my at the time boyfriend... February 4-5 I had faint bleeding not near time for my period I was so scared it was implantation... I waited and waited started getting sick tender breast etc... Feb 18 i was due to stsrt i bked lightly it was gone the next day....

Feb 28? I went and had a blood test which was negative... He put my on BC to stop my period after it started... I started my period match 1st having skipped february conpletely started the pills the following Sunday but got my period again on the 27th... MY PERIOD DID NOT STOP UNTIL APRIL 17th!!!!!

I started spotting again 3 days later... I have been reading posts where women describe this and find out they're really pregnant...

My belly is protruding a bit my breasts are sore I'm exhausted all the time with back pain and this past week I've been passing it off as gas bubbles but I felt something move! Could I be pregnant ??? Any similar stories???

I should probably mention my urine test was negative today but they're running blood tomorrow... I am 20 years old so stupidly young.... And the sex was stupidly unprotected... Please help any advice or sharing of similar stories and there outcomes would be great...

Thankyou

Les
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
If the unprotected intercourse was around your ovulation time, chances of pregnancy are possible. The lighter periods and your symptoms could indicate pregnancy possibility. If you suspect being pregnant, you should stop the use of hormonal contraceptive pills. If you suspect chances of pregnancy, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). The urine pregnancy tests done very early in pregnancy can show you false negative results as the kits are calibrated ones, so unless the hormone levels in urine reach a certain level, they do not show positive results. If pregnancy gets confirmed, go ahead with getting serial HCG levels estimated. Doubling up of the hormone levels in 48-72 hours will show that pregnancy is going on smoothly. If levels are not adequate, then external hormonal supplements would be considered to be started to help you in preventing miscarriage/threatened abortion. If the scan shows retained products and incomplete abortion (possible due to prolonged and altered bleeding), a D&C procedure would be needed to clean up the uterus and stop the bleeding. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further evaluation and assistance.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.