Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

on my back,left underarm & a little on chest as well

User Profile
hi , i m suffering from skin herpes on my back,left underarm & a little on chest as well,

i m using dettol on blisters and they start extintinguishing gradually now they turned black
please suggest me some remedies

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2012
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A38071

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Herpes blisters and sores usually heal in 2 to 4 weeks time and the scars remain which gradually fade with time. Consider using calamine lotion for soothing and relief from itching. Just wait for sometime and after it is completely cured then you can think of some treatment if the scars are particularly quite evident.

Usually herpes scars might require treatment as dermabrasion but that can be considered later. After proper healing consider applying Aloe vera gel mixed with lemon juice which would help in fading them to an extent.Take proper rest and maintain healthy diet.

Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.