Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

on methertrezate for arthritis

My blood r good at moment on methertrezate pains r really bad walking painful wrists shoulders arms neck hands when I try to do any thing I can't move the next day I seize up all through the night my knees r clicking and ankles
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jemkim123456789
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

From the history provided here, it seems that you have morning stiffness resulting due to rheumatoid arthritis. Usually this stiffness is more prominent in the first 1-2 hrs of the day and following other times of prolonged inactivity.

Some effective ways to reduce the severity of morning stiffness other than medicines include simple exercises to keep your joints moving.

Once you wake up in the morning, consider doing some simple range-of-motion exercises in bed before you get up. In range-of-motion exercises, you move a joint through its full range of motion without using any weight or resistance. (Range-of-motion exercises are different from stretching, in which the goal is to elongate muscles to their full potential.) These ROM exercises improve flexibility and maintain joint movement.

You can also do these exercises at night before going to sleep to reduce joint stiffness and pain when you wake up the next morning.

You can find description of ROM excercises at:
http://www.arthritisselfmanagement.com/new sletter/12-16-2010/managing-morning-stiffn ess-in-ra/bed-exercises-for-morning-stiffn ess/

In addition, taking a hot or warm shower helps to stiffness and improve joint range of motion.

In addition, to ROM exercises, performing strengthening and aerobic exercises regularly improves the joint health and increases the ability to function properly.

You might consider consulting your rheumatologist for additional counselling and advice.

I hope you find my suggestion helpful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.