Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Omega-3 Fish Oil - benefits? What to try?

hi there - i'm new to the topic of fish oil in general - i know there are a lot of options - i was curious - i live in canada and i got referred to this site - can anyone vouch for how good this product is? what should i be looking for when i read the breakdown of its contents? what makes one fish oil better than another??

i'm reading terms like IFOS - can anyone help?

this is what i was referred to - does anyone have an opinion?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2012
Fish oil is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids work to reduce inflammation throughout the body.

Check out Carlson fish oil. It contains 1600mg omega 3's per serving and doesn't have a lot of filler.
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2014
i m agree with you and you can also check more details on healthgenie blog ablot the fish oil omega 3 fatty acid
|

replied January 16th, 2013
Fish oil is a good source of Saturated fat and very rich in vitamin A and D it helps to gain the weight,
Ans it is healthy enough for a good diet it can be a part of a supplements as well.
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2013
Hi,
I think omega-3 is one of the most important supplements that we should take on a daily basis.
In the book "The UltraMind Solution" (which is an awesome book on how nutrition influences our thoughts, emotions, memory and learn capability)they recommend to take twice at day 1000mg with a EPA/DHA ratio of 300/200.
You can read more of the benfits of omega-3 in a post I have written two days ago. The post it's called:
"5 nutritional supplements that have drastically improved my life".
I hope I have helped you.
Cheers
|

replied November 20th, 2013
Fish oil also contains a good amount of vitamin D (calciferol) and vitamin E (tokoferol)which is highly beneficial for us. The high protein ingredients are also the part of the fish oil.
|

replied March 25th, 2014
does anyone have a favourite brand of omega 3? how about fish vs krill?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2014
my mom used Inlife omega 3 supplement. it really a effective supplement.
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2014
omega 3 fish oil is good for health..
|

replied October 29th, 2014
They help your brain function your cholesterol and your hair. Also it helps with the ageing process. I leaned this information from my mom who went to university for nutrition.
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....