Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Okay, here goes! I haven't told me doctors about this

I hear a voice, and a see this person. It's a spiny woman with skeletal hands, and she talks to me. When she talks, she sounds like a demon, or some sort of possessed being.

She tells me to do certain behaviours..or else she will hurt me (mentally) and cause me to have an anxiety attack, and that will lead to a death (even though logically I know anxiety cannot kill you)

Am I crazy?!

I am diagnosed with anorexia and general anxiety disorder, along with depression....
but do I have some form of psychosis? Or schizophrenia? I'm really confused.

I haven't told me doctors about this person that I see and here..because I dont want them to think I'm crazy.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2012
I would tell your doctor about it. Schizophrenia's a really complex disorder, so it's hard to say. It sounds like it might be schizophrenia to me, but I'm no professional...
|

replied September 15th, 2012
sounds like schizophrenia to me.
also sounds like your hallucinations have taken the form of your worst fears.
fear not- tell your doctor. if ur also anorexic he might prescribe olanzapine which will both give you a decent appetite and get rid of that pesky old hag.
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....