Hello,

I have this occasional odd tightness feeling in one of my back teeth. I have had a filling done before like over a year and a half ago. Perhaps for about 6 months now i get some soreness/tightness. It come and goes- it is not intense pain but it is irritating sometimes. Sometimes, if feels like I'd like to open it and air it out. It is not sensitive to hot/cold or to biting. Sometimes when I floss it feels sore. A few months ago it felt really sore for about a week to the point that I couldn't bite so, I left it alone and it stoped and I havn't had that problem since.I thought that maybe that filling is big so I got it filed down. However, the odd soreness continues. Ive tried mouth and gingivitis rinses. Those did not work and advil doesnt seem to help either.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be or any solutions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2014
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Reassessment of the filling is needed in case it has fallen off. Take ibuprofen or mefanamic acid for the pain. Denzine DS may also help in any adjoining inflammatory response.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.