Its a bit hard to explain this, so I will try my best to explain what I can of it. A few nights back, I had a minor issue were my wisdom tooth was finishing coming in, so it was a late night pain you get when your sleeping and stuff grows (and yes I do have all my wisdom teeth, and no they don't cause me problems).
I learned the quick way to deal with pain from growing teeth is to place an aspirin tablet in the trouble area. However, I was not very intelligent as I feel asleep with this said tablet in the back of my mouth, where now this odd taste is coming from.

Next morning tongue got blistered pretty bad, but no taste yet. Next day, here came that taste. I pretty much ignored it for most of the day as it was an off and on thing. Sometimes when I swallowed I could taste it, other times, there was nothing there.

Next day, happened again, so I went out and bought me some mouthwash to use when I brushed my teeth. So that night I used it and the next morning I used it, and the taste went away for the rest of the day. Till about night before I went to bed, which again, brushed teeth, rinsed mouth with mouth wash.
So here we are today, same thing. Didn't get right to it right away and here came that taste. Did the same thing again, taste is gone again.

I can eat cold things back there, I can eat sweets back there. It chews fine, I can tap it with my nail (or even a toothpick), Doesn't hurt to bite down hard on things, and doesn't hurt at all.
So yeah, that is the mass confusion. I would believe that if it was like tooth-decay, or something with the tooth (as many have suggested), the tooth itself would not even permit me tampering with it. So I am not sure and I really don't even have the money atm for a dentist check up on it (which is why I am here asking).

So any ideas to what may be causing this odd taste that is pretty random?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2011
Aspirin is not good at all. You should take things like echinacea or oregano oil on your teeth to take away pain or other problems like the bad taste you have. Also consider tea tree oil, a little of that in water in your mouth might help. I think the aspirin has left something there and its residue needs to removed or cleaned out.
If the mouthwash takes away the bad taste, then anything to cleanse your mouth may help, and you can also try a little sea salt in warm water as a mouthwash (much cheaper than commercial mouthwash too).
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi foxfirestorm: You may want to talk to your Pharmacist to see what he/she suggests on this...Take care...

Caroline
|
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....