Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Odd Lump on Penis

I am 20 haven't had sexual intercourse and have no medical conditions that I'm aware of other than high blood pressure/ cholesterol.

So I have a single lump somewhere between 5-10 mm on the underside of the shaft of my penis. The lump is about half way between the crown and the base of the penis, is completely smooth, is flesh colored, painless but occasionally tender, moves with the skin of the penis, and doesn't seem to have grown significantly, it is also slightly shinier than my skin normally is. The lump has been there for a few weeks 2 or 3 and I'm going to a doctor to check it out next week.

I'm worried it might be penile cancer but everything I've read says that starts at the tip and moves downward. I hear warts are highly contagious so they don't come in singles and given 3 weeks should have spread right? If anybody knows anything about what it might be I could really use some calming down because it freaks me out.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to EHEALTH forum!
There are almost no chances for this lump to be cancerous.
Cancer within the penile shaft is very rare condition.

Have you experienced pain or penile bending when erect, too?
Do you take anti-hypertensive drugs?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It seems sebaceous cyst which is a benign lesion and doesnot require any treatment.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.