Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Odd feeling ever since I quit smoking marijuana

Hello, a year ago I was smoking pot about every day for multiple months, until I finally cut down, noticing a difference in how I felt and thought. I haven't smoked for over a year, and I continue to feel weird, I have difficulties speaking long sentences because I feel as if I'm not thinking yet automatically talking, it basically feels like I'm watching myself do everything while not consciously there, basically not thinking yet automatically doing stuff. Kind of like I'm out of body and just observing, and unable to focus properly. I've also noticed I don't really get excited or really happy anymore, or not to the extend I used to, not that I'm depressed or anything. Also, I've noticed a huge decrease in my short term memory.

Will this go away, could it be something else, and is there anything to fix it? I was diagnosed with ADD when I was younger if that could have been worsened.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bobda
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
Experienced User
Nicotine is often the drug of choice for ADD/ADHD'ers. Smoking calms us and helps us focus, mostly because we're getting more oxygen and blood to our brain with every deep drag we take! ADD/ADHD'ers might have a hard time giving up cigarettes. Start breathing more deeply!!!

Try some simple exercise daily and if possible go for yoga and meditation. Exercising regularly gives you a youthful appearance and strength. Stop smoking and drinking as they reduce the quality of blood circulation making it look dull and you feel sick.
|

replied August 30th, 2012
Experienced User
This ADD runs in my family. My father had it, but he just died. My elder brother dropped out of high school in 9th grade because everyone thought he was the dumbest kid on the planet. My son has it too and has been on vyvanse and adderall. I was sick lately and needed some ginger which I learned to love as a child, but this is the crystalized ginger (like candy and awfully hot). I too stared out the window, could never pay attention or anything in school, but when my mother introduced me to crystalized ginger, I became an A+ student. I have one year of college and married in 1975 and had to give back 2 full-ride scholarships. I am an A+ student because I learned to love crystalized ginger. Give it a try. Better than caffeine anyday!
|

replied November 28th, 2012
Is getting high bad while on concerta?
Ok, im in high school and i have ADD, and i used to smoke weed, a pretty good amount. I only quit because my parents caught me (for the second time). And i take Concerta for my ADD, but i dont really like it, i mean i think its working cuz my grades are significantly better then other years (sort of), but i just dont like how it makes me feel, like i HATE the fact that im never hungry until really late at night, i also feel sometimes like you described, just "out of it" and not really thinking before i speak. And tbh i still smoke weed from time to time. And i used to take vyvanse and when i smoked after taking that i had a regular and fun high. But when i do it after taking concerta, those feelings i mentioned before almost intensify (except for my appetite lol). My parents want me to take this med but i dont, anyone have any advice?!? And sorry if not all of this makes sense, im typing this from phone and its too frustrating to correct my self alot of the time....
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2012
Experienced User
The most critical molecule that must be available is Glutathione. Your body will not recover because the lack of this evident protein.
|
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...