Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

OCD when it comes to doing different things?

I always have these weird feelings when it comes to doing different things in my daily life. I believe its a slight form of OCD but im not too sure.......So heres some things that happen to me:

-If i hit into a surface and it feels weird i have to go back over it til it feels right otherwise my mind starts freaking out about it and its all i can think about

-Say someone fixes my shirt and they pull it up too high i have to pull it back down or else it doesn't feel right and one time my friend kept pulling it up a little and no matter what i had to fix it or else it really bothered me they thought i was joking

-I wear the rubber bracelets that have random sayings on them and cancer ones and every occasion i freak out and have to rip them off because it just feels like there rubbing wrong and it completely freaks me out

-Nights when i try to go to sleep parts of my body just bother me and i rip off my socks my shirt and just try to get comfortable but i freak and it takes me forever to get comfortable or fall asleep

It gets to a point where i keep telling myself not to think it because im gonna freak and i try to prevent it but sometimes it just doesn't help ...is there anything i can do for this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2012
Hey, dont worry about it i have recently found out i have ocd and i get all of these and more. Im no expert so i could be wrong but it sounds like you have very mild OCD a surprising number of people have this and its very easy to deal with. Im sure you wont need anything medical but i find if i cant do something i 'need' to do i get very aggitated and often angry. Take a deep breath concentrate on your breathing carry on and when you get home try to sleep for half an hour while concentrating on your breathing. If u r too aggrevated to sleep just relax in sence or have soft music on. Finally always look on the bright side (i know its cheesy) for instance as i am in school i still take tests and im given extra time. All in all DONT WORRY, you are not alone, try to relax and always look on the bright side! I hope i was helpful Smile
|

Hey, dont worry about it i have recently found out i have ocd and i get all of these and more. Im no expert so i could be wrong but it sounds like you have very mild OCD a surprising number of people have this and its very easy to deal with. Im sure you wont need anything medical but i find if i cant do something i 'need' to do i get very aggitated and often angry. Take a deep breath concentrate on your breathing carry on and when you get home try to sleep for half an hour while concentrating on your breathing. If u r too aggrevated to sleep just relax in sence or have soft music on. Finally always look on the bright side (i know its cheesy) for instance as i am in school i still take tests and im given extra time. All in all DONT WORRY, you are not alone, try to relax and always look on the bright side! I hope i was helpful Smile
|

|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....