Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

OCD , PTSD , GAD , Depression , Borderline P.D.

User Profile
OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder), Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder - could I have them ALL?

I've been trying to figure out what I got... my husbands been observing me for 4 years now...
And these are a few of the "CONDITIONS" that describe me very very well....

I've taken meds such as: "Bupropione, Risperidone, Clonazepam (in drops)" ,Prozac, Efexor XR..... (some I don't even remember, cause I hated them... the first 3 I just mentioned were my favorites... )

Now I'm not taking anything...... But wanting to do something to have a better quality of life.
I have even considered a Rehab or some kind.. Intense treatment ...

Anyway... anyone knows if it's possible to have all of the above? Or is there ONE DISORDER that includes all these?

By the way, I'm not from the United States (husband is american, I'm not), I'm seeking help HERE in the US for the first time now...

Thanks! All the best to all of you..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2010
Experienced User
Hey Music,

PTSD, Depression and BPD all seem to go hand in hand. I have been diagnosed with BOD however my psychologist has spoken to me about all of them.

I also have some symptoms of OCD.

So I guess yeah it is possible to have them all
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....