Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

OCD or schizophrenia symptoms ?

Ok, so Im kind of wondering what this means. Its really a bunch of things that i suspect of myself...and Ive never been to a doctor/therapist.

So i think that i have ocd but im not sure. I check things a million times over. Like, if anyone is outside my window, if theres any bees in my room, if theres any ticks from my dog in my bed...etc. And i have this routine that i cant seem to break. I have halucinations a lot, so I'll see something in the dark, and i think i can actually feel its presence. So, Ill shut off anything that can make a noise, and shut off my lights in a certain way after im done. Theres a certain way things go in my room, which wouldnt make sense to anyone but me. When im in a car, i have to tap my fingers to the lines on the road or else it drives me crazy.

And by just worrying about this makes me think i have a chance of being a hypocondriac. My mother is one, and im not sure if thats genetic? my mother also has schizophrenia, but I dont know how long it might take for further signs than i already have to appear. I see things, and i know FOR SURE that theyre there. I hear things on a daily basis that no one else can, and i believe that i have premonitions. I believe i can contact the dead via Ouija board, thoughts, writing in the air with my fingers, and speaking out loud.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2008
whats going on
me and my husband has been married for 2 years we have been trying for about 2 1/2 years now. i was told that i have endometriosis avout the same time we got married. i havnt had a period for 3 months and 2 test were negtive. i didnt know if i could still be pregnant and or if the endometriosis is what is making me so late.
|

replied June 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
misshalloween,

I encourage you to get to a psychiatrist soon. You have a family history of mental disorders and you are describing some symptoms of a mental disorder. It would be beneficial to you to have an evaluation done by a psychiatrist. Many mental disorders will progress when not treated. I hope you will see a professional.
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....