Hi,

Before I leave the house and go to bed every day I have to check that I have unplugged all electrical appliances, that all the lights are turned off and that the front door is locked. The annoying thing is that I have to check about 5 times before I believe myself and sometimes I have to sing a song or tap something to remind myself.

I'm 16 and have only really been doing it for a couple of months but it keeps making me late to college and to meeting my friends.

I feel silly asking, but am I suffering from OCD? If so what can I do to stop me being late all the time.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2013
Especially eHealthy
chloe2205,

Yes, these are the signs of an OCD. You should seek help before it gets any worse.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....