Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or Schizophrenia?

Hello everybody,

I have a question that i hope may be answered and i'm sure everyone will be able to give me their best and honest opinions. So here we go.

In around october-november i had gotten salmonella food poisoning and i was having a really hard time breathing and heart problems. I went to the hospital twice and when i came out i started feeling like i was as good as new.

The next night, when i went to sleep i vaguely remember waking up from an insignificant dream about a man in a coat and i couldn't see his face, boom, end of dream. After that, i have no idea where it came from but i have had this intense problem with sleeping in the same room and especially bed as a family member or friend in fear that i will hurt someone in my sleep. Once again i have never had these problems at all. I currently always sleep alone and wake up in a good mood. But my fear is when i am forced to sleep in the same room as someone.

So my question is: am i just being paranoid or is this something i should get checked out? What can my "condition" be classified as and is it likely at ALL that i can hurt someone without intentions in my sleep? I have never been sad and never had any problems such as these in my life. I hope someone can get back to me soon on this. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....