So I just turned 22 a few weeks ago and my doctor sent me for an MRI on my hips because I recently had an x-ray that showed I had developed osteoarthritis in left and right hips, and have congenital deformation of my left hip. This all transpired because I had been having pain in my hips and right knee for about two weeks, the worst point at which I could not stand or move around without being helped for about 4 days. This is by no means the first time this has happened to me as I have experienced similar issues a few times a year at least since I was about 10 years old. In conjunction to the OA, I was diagnosed with hypermobility Ehlers-Danlos when I was 15. I am honestly at a loss of what to do because I have been in physical therapy for a total of 4 years (collectively) since I was 15, I get trigger point injections in my back and neck for shoulder pain due to the EDS ever 6 weeks and when I get flares it hurts so bad that I am completely debilitated to the point that I can only lay in bed and cry until the pain goes away. I've been on several different maintenance medications in the past and I am already on an anti-inflammatory diet and I take very good care of myself. I don't think my doctors were taking me that seriously in the past, but now with concrete evidence the damage that is being done to my body from this disease I think my rheumatologist is finally starting to see the severity of the pain I'm having. I am now on Cymbalta for the pain and depression I am experiencing but it just isn't enough for when the pain gets really bad. I don't know what else to do or what to say to my doctor and I don't want to seem like a drug seeker asking for pain medicine but I'm desperate for relief. I am really freaked out about this being so young and I don't know what to do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2018
A
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....