Hi all,
I know you are supposed to insert the ring between 1st and 5th day of your menstrual cycle but what if your cycle is irregular? Mine always has been but recently even more so. I haven't had my period in over a month and a half or two and was curious- if I insert it now, how long should I use alternative contraception for? I was thinking waiting a full month should be sufficient but I'm not certain...
Thank you!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2009
Supporter
If your period is irregular, you need to insert it around the time of your last period, if you can remember it. If not, just pick a day. You should use back up birth control for the first seven days. Then NuvaRing is effective.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank deteragram for this post: gnm 
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....