User Profile
Hi, soon I am planning to switch to the Mediterranean food regimen and It needs to be at least 2000 calories a day because of the type of body I have according to my nurse. I am not trying to gain weight nor loose any but keep it the same or around the same witch is 170 pounds something. How much of each Mediterranean food items will I need to consume daily totaling to 2000 celeries a day using the food I have chosen?(I am not talking about how much it will all cost)the foods I have chosen are: 1.unprocessed oil or extra virgin olive oil. 2.fish that is the cheapest in the store, not canned fish and not any processed meat OR replace cheapest fish with other non processed sea food. 3.cheapest fruit in the store that is NOT any of these fruits>>> raisins, blueberries, black berry's, pomegranates, oranges, grapefruits, and lemons. 4. lettuce and/or other vegetables for the same price. 5. nuts to replace the meat if its cheaper or to add with the meat. 6. seasonings of herbs and/or spices.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2019
Nutrition Answer A64908
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!
1.calories= 40/100ml cost: 500ml pack 15 $
2.cheapest fish: 262 calories per 100 gram
3.cheapest fruit: pear 100 calories per piece cost is 0.85$ 4.almond: calories 576/100gm cost 7$ per pound. 5.lettuce 15 calories per 100gm cost 1.2$ per pound. 6. Its cost is variable and calories are usually less than 10

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.