Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Numbness on the left side. Outer ear and neck near jaw.

I am 15 years old and I am experiencing facial numbness, outer ear and neck near the jaw on the left side. I have been leaning on my hand and lying down on the side. It feels like my muscle are tensed, and it hurts when I massage it with my hands. Should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 18th, 2012
Yes that definitely sounds like something to be worried about.
Does it just all go numb randomly? Do you lose all feeling (being pricked, hot/cold, etc) in the effected area? How long does it last? Is it a stinging pain?
These are questions a doctor would probably ask you, I'd get it checked out.

If it only lasts a little while after you lean on it, that's probably totally normal. Blood flow can sometimes be cut off from pressure, like when your foot "falls asleep".
|
Users who thank SaraTD for this post: xsueshi 

replied January 19th, 2012
yea, ive gone to get a check up they said that i got the lymph glands swollen causing the neck and ear and jaw to hurt. im taking antibiotics but still curious how i even got that symptom.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....