Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Numbness of right arm and face, dizzyness, trouble concentratin

I have been having headaches, nimbleness of left side of face and arm. Now I am getting dizzy. Went to my Dr and had an MRI of Brain done. These are the results

1 punctate are of increased signal intensity in the right frontal periventricular white matter which could be secondary to Ischemic or demelinating disease, Ischemic change or Vasculitis with no evidence of an acute infarct.

2 inflammation changes in the right mastoid air cells

I went to my primary Dr and he referred me to a neurologist. He said it have a SPOT what the heck and not to worry about it but that I have to hear this from a specialist.

Does anyone understand what this means? And what does it mean could be secondary? Is all this just to cover there butts?

Any advise would be great
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2013
You did not mention type of headaches and timing dynamics of the numbness in the hand and face. If you have migraine, one of the possibilities is a migraine aura followed by headache. W/o details no diagnosis can be made. Regarding the MRI: this "spots" are a common finding with or without history of migraine. Radiologist's comment "secondary to..." does not mean anything without proper disease symptoms of the mentioned conditions.
By Andre Strizhak

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.