Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Numbness left pinky/ring finger & side of hand

Hi there,
I am new to this forum, but I am kind of afraid that I already know the answer. I have had numbness in my left pinkie/ring finger, including that side of my hand for 2 months now. Recently I have noticed that the numbness is also on the left side of my wrist and lower forearm. The strange this is that it is also encompassing the large knuckle area of my pinkie, ring, and middle finger on the back of my hand.
I had an MRI a few years ago that showed 3 bulging discs in my cervical spine. I have also suffered for years with constant burning in my upper back throughout my entire trapezoid area. I call it the "butterfly flame". It is very painful to even touch the area where the discs of my neck connect to my back.
I was also diagnosed 18 years ago with severe fibromyalgia. I have Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and developed peripheral neuropathy several years ago as a result. My lower leg muscles have completely atrophied.
I had rotator cuff/bicep surgery for the second time 2 years ago. Each time, I have never felt the injury or have no knowledge of how I did it. Now, it is torn again, along with the other shoulder rotator cuff as well.
I am praying that I am not going to hear that another surgery is in my future to correct/relieve this numbess problem with my fingers/hand/wrist. I know I should tell my Dr., but I have just been putting it off. Oh, and as icing on my cake, I was just diagnosed with Central/Complex sleep apnea because I don't have any obstruction but my brain forgets to tell me to breath when I sleep, or when I am watching tv, reading a book, or totally relaxed and focused on something. Even awake, I will suddenly out of nowhere just take in a huge gasp of air. That has been a little unnerving in and of itself. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Keep your nerves strong.You are fighting very well with your problems.
I would suggest you to have regular visits to physiotherapist.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Muscular and Nerve Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.