Hello,
I am a 44 yo male and 2 days ago, my leg suddenly went numb at the knee and below to my foot. I had intermittent numbness, tingling and pain throughout with a few twitches here and there. I get these pains on my calf and just below it for a second or two, it stops for ~ 5 seconds then comes back. This can go on for an hour and the pain is around a 5. Could be short cramps. Then I occasionally get similar pains for a shorter duration (~1 min) behind my knee and on my thigh. This all surfaced while sitting at work. The symptoms have not subsided since they began.
Tonight the numbness and pains below the knee are about the same with the addition of some pinprick sensations. The pain in the thigh and behind the knee are more frequent and seem too be migrating closer to my hip. The twitching has increased and my throats started feeling weird with my voice sounding a bit hoarse. My legs are so fatigued as well. Is leg fatigue an ALS symptom in early stages?
Given the new sysmptons, should I pursue a consult to neuro to rule out ALS and have them evaluate my symptoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Your symptoms are likely muscle cramp ,low vitamin D level, prolong sitting , posture or a pinched nerve. It needs supportive care with some pain Killers like acetaminophen and some calcium Vitamin D supplements and see if it helps .Rest for a while, maintain a good posture while standing and sitting and do some posture exercises and see if it helps . If the issue persists then go and consult a local physician. It is neither ALS nor its anything else worrisome. I can assure you of that.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our ALS, Lou Gehrig Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.