Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Numb finger after getting jammed around joint

After the joint near the tip of my index finger got jammed in a car window 2 weeks ago, about a third of the fingertip is numb and I don't feel anything with it. And if I tap the joint, it feels like there's electricity running through the numb part. Other than that, I can still move my finger normally.

Anyone knows if this would heal over time? Should I really need to have it checked, because I'm not sure if my insurance cover that, so I would avoid going to doctors if I could.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2013
You probably injured a a local sensory nerve branch in the finger. It should not affect the movements. Depending of the extent of the injury the sensation might or might not come back. By Andre Strizhak

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Orthopedics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.