Hi , I am new here , back in March of 2017 I had surgery to remove a tumor called a Nuchal type Fibroma from below the tip of my right shoulder blade , unfortunately this was unsuccessful , the surgeon said he had to abort the operation due to my body twitching when ever he went close to the shoulder blade . He did manage to get a small amount out which was sent to pathology to determine what kind of tumor it was. Before I had this operation I was sent for MRI scans , X-rays and finally a biopsy , all came back with mixed results , was told a Lipoma , Elastofibroma , Desmoplastic Fibroblastoma , and then about 4 weeks after surgery at follow up appointment was told it was a Nuchal - type Fibroma . 1 week after surgery I was re-admitted due to a Haematoma and spent 10 more days in hospital . Since then I have had non - stop problems with the right side , especially when trying to sleep , very uncomfortable , painful at times , feeling of heaviness when standing up , with a feeling of the tumor still present and growing . Recently my GP sent me for a Ultrasound and told only thing that showed up was a small lump growing and told it was a Lipoma . Never heard of a Lipoma growing in the site where the remaining tumor is . What I did find out was that this tumor is known to come back aggressive , and that when surgery is the only option , it must be done with wide margins . This could not be done due to complications already mentioned above , was also told I would be on a watch and wait programme, but after the surgery , I was discharged from hospital .BTW i also have Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Coli and back in January of 2013 i underwent surgery to remove my large bowel , total colectomy with ileo-rectal anastomosis . Due to the problems i am experiencing and the fact that i was discharged from hospital , i am very reluctant to go back for fear of being told nothing to worry about and send me back home .
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. With nuchal fibroma or lipoma excised you have nothing to worry about. With history of colectomy for FAP, all you need is followup regularly with your health care provider.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Recovery & Post-Op , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.