Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

noticed those red spots in my stool again...

I posted a few days back http://ehealthforum.com/health/question-ab out-bowel-changes-t429082.html

and I decided just go go to see what was up. I actually felt good going. He checked my stomach, and asked me if I had any pains. I told him no, I told him I was not nauseous either,. The only thing I told him was I was belching quite a bit. He said it was likely because of stress and told me to get mylanta. That has helped cut out the belching a bit. However, today, I noticed those red spots in my stool again(they are very small dots, like a dot of a pencil, you have to get close to even notice them) and my stool still has been at a 5(Bristol Stool Scale). So, I am wondering, what it might be? Physically, I feel just fine(Had a great workout yesterday), it is more mental, because those minute red spots have returned. Hemorrhoids?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2014
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for appearance of blood in stools without through evaluation. Causes like hemorrhoids, colitis, diverticulitis etc should be ruled out by thorough evaluation. Consider discussing your symptoms with your treating doctor/gastroenterologist and get started on treatment as suggested by your evaluation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gastroenterologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.