Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pancreas Disorders Forum

Not sure what could be the problem? Elevated Lipase and Amylase.

User Profile
I've been having sporadic stomach upset where I eat and then feel sick afterwards. It seems to come and go. Also sporadic IBS like symptoms. I could definitely eat better and more often and drink more so that's part of the problem but I'm trying to improve on this.

About a month ago I had eaten around 5pm at night and I vomited around 3am and there were a few undigested french fries in there as if they had just been sitting in my stomach. I tried to augment my system with Apple Cider Vinegar.

I recently had blood work done as well as Ultrasound, Xray and CT Scans. None of those imaging scans found anything aside from some barium from years ago in my appendix and some scattered diverticula which were not inflamed.

FINDINGS:

The imaged lung bases are clear. A tiny cyst is incidentally noted in segment five of the liver. The liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, adrenal glands, and kidneys are otherwise normal. The stomach and the small bowel are normal in caliber wall thickness. Some inspissated barium is seen within the appendix, unchanged
from comparison study. There is no luminal dilatation of the appendix. The colon is normal in caliber wall thickness. There are a few scattered noninflamed colonic diverticula. There is no abdominal free fluid. The abdominal aorta is normal in caliber. There are no enlarged abdominal lymph nodes. Urinary bladder and
prostate are normal. There is no pelvic free fluid or enlarged pelvic lymph nodes. Bone windows reveal no acute bony abnormality.

IMPRESSION:

No acute findings in the abdomen or pelvis.

However my fasting blood work showed:

Lipase: 67
Fluid Amylase 149
Glucose 74
Anion Gap 17
Calcium 10.3
Globulin 3.9

All were out of range. There is no pain except when I have IBS related pain, almost a direct line across the bottom of my stomach and the sigmoid are where the diverticular pouches are.

I get a colonoscopy every 5 years because of Familial Polyposis, but I did test negative on an APC Gene mutation and they said I was back in the general population as far as risk. I've had no issues with polyps at all having been checked every 5 years since I was 20 and I'm now 43. I will do another one just to be safe.

Do you feel I should have an upper endoscopy to check my stomach?

Sometimes there is a dull ache on the left hand side and I of course worry about stomach or pancreatic cancer, but I have no symptoms as of yet just the blood work mentioned above.

Thank You!
Matt
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 2nd, 2018
Has this been diagnosed yet?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2018
No Nothing yet, have a scheduled appointment with GI Doctor. Wondering about Thyroid or H Pylori, kind of shooting in the dark. Biggest thing today is fatigue and chills. No pain though
|
Must Read
Gastritis is a general term for stomach disorder. Learn more about types of gastritis, and the anatomy of the stomach in this basic intro to gastritis....
Gastritis occurs when the stomach lining becomes irritated and inflamed. But what can cause this medical condition? Are you at risk of this stomach disorder?...
Gastritis, or stomach inflammation, can be either acute or chronic. Learn how to tell the difference and know when to seek medical help by reading here....