Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Not sure if I'm experiencing heart attack or not

Hello everyone, just for some background info I'm a male 21 have anxiety and can be a little bit of a hypochondriac at times, but I know what my symptoms are and I want to be sure nothing serious is wrong with me. So to start from the beginning I woke up last night at my girlfriends house and was experiencing left forearm pain. Which I kind of put off and ignored because not long after I drove myself home and I felt fine. So I got home and tried to go to sleep and started feeling like I was having heartburn. So I started researching and found that I could be experiencing a heart attack. After this I began sweating and freaking out a little bit because of my anxiety and hypochondria kicking in. So I guess I just assumed that the pain and heartburn were from my anxiety and dismissed both signs and just tried to sleep it off. I made it through the whole night and didn't wake up until 9 this morning, but the symptoms are still there? but now my entire arm just has a slight burning sensation and it feels sort of weak. I'm not sure if it's even possible for a heart attack to last that long, but like I said I want to be sure so I figured I'd ask you guys.

Just as a side note I do workout and eat decently healthy. My eating habits could be better, but overall I don't think it's too unhealthy.
Oh and I would also just like to leave a thank you for anyone who takes time to respond, I appreciate it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2019
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your history and nature of the chest pain that you described, its unlikely that you had or are having an MI (Myocardial Infarct). If you are worried then an EKG can be done to rule out the possibility. GERD and musculoskeletal causes can be treated along with addressing the anxiety component.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.