Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Not sure if I'm crazy or I have an addiction to getting high.

User Profile
Please no negative feedback.
So long story short I have had a hand in various drugs since I was 12 to 13 years of age and that dosn't count for when I had my first drink of alcohol. So through the years (I am 22 now) I've been physically addicted to a few different kinds of drugs, but in the end I always managed to get my self off the drug without having to go to the hospital. Well now It's come down to it in my life where I need to end this chapter in my life. I need a new chapter for various reason's. I've finially cut out everything except bud. For some reason I find it very difficult to just stop smoking it anymore. I have been through this many times now and basically I always have to have something to get me some kind of high or I get headache's, fatigue, agitated easily, you might even say I tend to loose my head more on certain things that would normally just make someone angry. I hate what not having something does to me. So I always go back to bud. Nothing else just that. Am I crazy or is it possible that I have a psychological addiction to getting high?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper HealthCare_Jobs
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2014
Community Volunteer
Hi NaturallyThinGirl: I would say you have a psychological addiction to not only getting high, but staying high...It has worked its magic on you...It is only when you are able to break free and say I can do it that you will be cured...

An addiction is an addiction...Yours is no different than a person with Bulimia or some other problem...My best to you...Take care...

Caroline...
|

replied July 15th, 2014
Everthing will be fine.Just TRUST yourself and start doing bit by bit. YOU CAN DO IT .
My blessings with you sweet.take care!!
|

replied July 18th, 2014
Sometimes the brain is changed by the use of drugs or alcohol - there is a website that explains how alcohol changes the brain and weed affects these same receptors. I believe that taking some GABA - you can get it at a health food store - could help with your issue. I hope it helps.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....