Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Not Quite Sick, Should I Seek Help?

User Profile
I am 19 and I think I am developing an eating disorder and currently have Body Dysmorphic Disorder. I eat 500-700 calories a day and exercise compulsively. I constantly scrutinize myself in mirrors and cannot resist looking in any reflective surface, never liking how I look. I get urges to purge when I feel I have eaten too much, once i ate over 2500 calories and did induce vomiting. Should I see my GP about this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
It looks like you are having bulimic episodes. You need a psychiatrist for help. It is very common teen age issue where looking good makes a person pay the price for making worse. Get to a nutritionist for a complete dietary plan and please you need a lot of energy. Drink and eat in balance and don't spoil yourself with such restrictions. It will ruin your good health.
I hope it helps
S Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.