Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Not loosing weight

Good Day,

First, thank you for reading. I have been working out for 6 months now. 6 days (sometimes 7) days a week. This is my work out. M: 4 mile run, abs T: 1 hr circuit training W: 4 mile run, abs Th: 1 hr circuit training F: 4 mile run, abs S: 30 min run, 30 min circuit training.

I mix up my circuit training as to not allow myself to stick with the same routine, and with this cycle I am not doing the same thing each day of each week, it rotates. Well 6 months ago I started at 244 lbs and 44 inch waist. Right now I am 244 lbs and have a 42 inch waist. Now I am not saying I didn't see any results because I did, I saw an increase in my strength and I saw some increase in biceps and thighs and chest. However, with doing that much running on top of circuit training why have I not seen any loss in weight? When I worked out I felt sick to my stomach afterwards, I take a multi vitamin and protein. I eat a balanced meal of about 1200 calories a day 3 fruits, 3 veggies, 2-3 dairy, 6 meats, 5 carbs. I just do not know what I am doing wrong, and I do not have the money for a personal trainer.

PS Also I have tried fat burners and this Jack 3D, and I do not feel any of the effects that other people say they feel. Hydroxycut Hardcore (before the recall) worked amazing on me, but since I have not found anything.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi Lumpy47 and welcome to ehealth: Your diet workout schedule sounds great...Your food intake is very suspect...I am a calorie freak...In other words I count them plus carbo's all the time...If I was to take an estimated guess I would say...Three fruits would be at least 300 calories....Three vegetables if they are green beans, lettuce, aspargus, all without high calorie count around 200 and that is at the least of about one-half cup per serving...Three dairy, I am figuring 8 oz of low calorie milk of about 240....6 Meats..now this along would probably go around 1,200 calories at least and remember this is the size serving of a deck of cards...Flat card, not the whole deck...Like a hamburger patty that size...Now add 5 carbo's and you have more problems...I will be kind and say 5 pieces of bread at 400 calories or 5 orders of french fries at 1,000....

My suggestion is to get a calorie book...Write everything that you put in your mouth...Allow yourself around 1,600 real calories...See how it works...Great resolution for 2011....Good luck and Happy New Year...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....