Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Not hemmorroids or a fissure - ???

Hi Everyone...I am a 33 yr old female and over the past month or so I've been having extremely painful bowel movements along with bright blood on the tissue as well as in the toilet bowl. I went to the doctor last week anticipating hemmorrhoids or possibly even a fissure but the doc said I didn't have either. They took a urine test and said I also have blood in my urine and I also had a fever. He is sending me to a colorectal doctor and I'm a bit more concerned now that he's sending me there because I didn't really think it was anything more than a hemmorrhoid.
I also have, sometimes severe, pain on my left side. I tend to get cysts on my ovaries and thought that is what was causing the pain but now I'm thinking this may have to do with the blood/rectal pain. When I search my symptoms online they don't seem to point to any one thing so I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue...any help would be greatly appreciated. I see the colorectal doctor this Friday and am very anxious.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi Rae77 and welcome to ehealth: You have taken the right steps with a problem such as you have...I know how your mind can go in any direction with any medical problem, but honey relax....You are in the right hands and dealing with the best...My husband has had extensive work done along this line...He has done great...Not to worry...

I send you my best wishes.....Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: NMR77 
Quick Reply
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....