Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

not growing egg causes to prevent me from being a mom

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
Hi,It is Mrs. Ruchi from N.Delhi.I am 27 years old lady,got married before 3.5 years.It is kindly requested that i am looking for your kind considertaion reagarding my problem related to not growing egg,and it causes to prevent me from being a mom.Even i consulted one gynecologist who is assisting me since last one year almost,earlier i took so many medicines and gone through so many tests as prescribed by the lady doc.Kindly guide me,i am looking forward your true help.I can be reached anytime on my mail id.Regards.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2015
Infertility Answer A51078
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Infertility is worked up once there is failure to conceive despite frequent and unprotected intercourse over a period of 12 months. Semen analysis of the partner, thyroid function tests and prolactin levels along with evidence for anovulatry conditions such as poly cystic ovaries should be looked for. Treatment mainly consist of ovarian stimulation by clomiphene and HMG ( Human menopausal gonadotropin) . If there is failure, Hysterosalpingography for any fallopian tube pathology , evidence of chlamydia infection and finally laparoscopy ( tuboplasty) for any correctible tubal disease should be considered. Anatomical causes like fibroids , intra uterine adhesions and cervical factors to assess for hostility to sperm during ascent should be done, too if no discernible cause is evident initially.

wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.