Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

not convinced. is there any chance of getting infected?

User Profile
Mam recently i had sex with a girl without condom ,after that i suffered a lot that i would get hiv n forced the girl to take hiv test it showed (Retroviral antibodies 1 & 2 : negative ) even though iam not convinced is there any chance of getting infected with hiv because after 1 week of having sex iam suffering from sore throat pls give suggestions

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A47451
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Sore throat can be due to various causes other than HIV. If the tests have shown negative results and you still suspect chances of HIV infection, repeat the test after 3 months (to avoid window period affecting results). Getting a throat swab test done will also help to identify the infective cause. Get started on treatment for your sore throat relief based on your examination findings and evaluation results. Visit your doctor/healthcare provider for further evaluation, clarification and assistance. If still worried, consider getting started on post-prophylaxis treatment or post-exposure treatment. Look out for development of any new symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.