Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Not been eating enough lately

So I am recovering from an eating disorder and for the past three days i have not been eating enough calories (only about 1300 while i should be getting like 2000). Did i mess up my metabolism again by doing this (because it only just recently got back to normal)?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 18th, 2010
Experienced User
it sounds like you are expernceing a relaps, this is normal, do not panic but try to work out what has triger it, maybe descuss it with your counsler if you are seeing one. do not be suprised if more occure as you recovery contines. i had multible relapes as i recoverd from bilimia. it is never posible to be full free of an eating diorder only to have it under control. it would be advisle to tell your docter as they may be able to suport you untill you are back on track.
|

replied June 20th, 2010
timetobefree, I think I face the same situation, lately I had some exams to pass and I was so stressed that I couldn't eat even a little. And the weather is getting hot, this also has the same result, I can't eat that much. I'm skinny anyway and I don't want to loose weight any more! I'm trying to find the best way to recovery.

|
Users who thank MissSapphire for this post: timetobefree 

replied June 30th, 2010
MissSapphire i'm so comforted that i'm not the only one. i'm skinny already too and i don't want to lose anymore weight either because i'm really scared that my body is not going to be able to handle this anymore. i know that i need to eat more but i just can't bring myself too. i'm just not that hungry anymore. thank you so much for your post and i hope that we can both recover!
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....