Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

not able to concentrate on my studies...

User Profile
I am doing my engineering,i used to be a normal not so popular guy in my earlier classes but i decided to open up a bit and i stood for class election and became the class representative after that my friend circle grew but i didn't like them they always tease me and i hate them but i don't have any alternative i now feel very lonely and feel like crying besides some of my lecturers have a bad image of me nowadays i feel depressed and i am not able to concentrate on my studies,i sit in study table for hours without even turning a page i just always think about those guys teasing me,please help i know i have written a lot but i feel like , don't know what to do, please help

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2011
Depression Answer A27796
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

I can undertsand what you are going through but trust me at this age you have to concentrate on studies as this is the carrer building time.Stop being depressed and anxious.
You should learn to ignore those persons who are misbehaving with you and those which are of no concern to you should not affect you in any way.Think that how does it matter to you if they are doing this to you.You have to concentrate on studies and avoid all surrounding matters.
Start mixing with new people and make friends.Enjoy the activities which you are fond of as sports,music,movies.Apart from studies enjoy who are your close friends.Talk to your family.It is not going to help if your studies are affected.
Do some form of exercise and meditation to avoid any stress.
I am sure all this and with your will power you can definitely come out of this situation.
Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.