Hi there wondering if anyone had any advice my husband has recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure. He is 27 and could make no lifestyle changes to help as not overweight healthy diet, exercises etc. He as been put on medication ramipril and amlodipine. We are still waiting for consultant appointment at hospital, but he still has blooe pressure over 130 bottom one around 80. Much better than it was. However he keeps having nosebleeds and the doctor has told him this is normal??? Surely not?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 15th, 2009
According to published side effects, a rare side effect of amlodipine is nosebleeds. I can imagine that this is both an uncomfortable and inconvenient side effect- I would encourage you to talk to your doctor about alternatives.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....